feeling sad

This is going to take some time to get over.

I can’t even tell you how sad I am.

Trying to put into words how I feel about the time I’ve been blessed to work with Simple Scrapbooks is difficult. I simply can’t sum it up…it has meant too much. But I have a feeling that Simple has meant as much to many (many) more people than just me and its for that very reason that I know this is not the end. It certainly is in a lot of repects but all that Simple Scrapbooks has stood for and the way this wonderful little magazine has blessed and enriched so many peoples lives, I know it will live on for a very, VERY long time.

I wish all those that I’ve had the pleasure of working with over the past few years the very best, I love you girls! Stacy, Wendy, Angie, Carolyn, Cathy, Jennafer, the editorial board…everyone! Its been a wonderful experience and I thank you for it!

Comments

Rebecca
    I have always loved your work, since I meet you when you were living in Dallas. I love to see your work. Is there any place that you will be sharing your work besides here. I am sad to see Simple go, I love the style and it more closely mirrors my style.

2. Melanie says

Wow, I didn’t think I’d be this sad about losing a magazine. Ihanks for the inspiration. Your book sits on my bedside table. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve paged through to find the layout about your little girl potty training. It’s helped me to put this whole motherhood thing into perspective and to remind me that it’s a hard job, and we make mistakes sometimes. Thanks for sharing something so personal.

I can add my saddness as well. I have been with Simple since the very beginning and LOVED every regular and special issue! I truly hope CK can keep SS alive inside as well as bring some of you (hopefully you) along! Thanks for a wonderful magazine! ~TanyaS

rebecca,

i loved your work in ss and your book

i am hooked on your photography, too

and that family room
    mmmmmmm so delicious!
    so clean, so simple, so classy, so elegant, so stunning, so inviting

just like SS and your pages

I know God has a plan for all us and you will look back and say, That was hard, but wow – what wonderful things happened because of it.

we love ya girl!

Like everyone else, I too am sad to see the end of SS. I had just renewed my subscription and was looking forward to another year of inspiration. I hope we continue to see the work of the designers we love and that you will continue to share on your blog. Wishing you all the best for what’s coming up in the future – whatever it may be!

6. Anonymous says

I was so happy to find a scrapbook mag that showed the simple style I was trying to achieve. I, too, had recently renewed my subscription and am going to miss the eager anticipation of checking the mail, hoping its there. Hopefully we can see your work in other places, as you were designer that I always went back to for inspiration!
    Thank-you!

I fell in love with Simple and am so sad to see it go! I love my CK magazine too, but Simple was home for me – I suppose I’ll look forward to seeing how it’s incorporated into CK and it’ll make CK all the better.

Until then I can still get tons of guilt-free, photo/journaling focused inspiration from past issues and your marvelous book!

As a South African scrapper we are starved for good scrapping mags (and materials) and I have subscribed to Simple for years. I am DEVASTATED. But i will be popping over here regularly to check out what you up to.