30 Minute Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls using Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade is a simple and delicious meal perfect for busy weeknights or make-ahead lunches.
If you and your family is anything like mine, this time of year can be super busy. With spring sports, middle of the school year projects, and just life, things can get a bit hectic. Today, I am sharing a super easy 30 Minute Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls recipe using only 4 ingredients. That’s right! You can have a delicious and healthy dinner on the table for your family in just half an hour.
Inspired by the classic sauces and marinades of China and Japan, with a deliciously kosher twist, Soy Vay was officially founded in 1982 and became an instant success at county fairs, farmers markets, and local stores across Northern California with their original flavor, Hoisin Garlic, and the still best-selling Veri Veri Teriyaki. Soy Vay is available at Target in the Oriental grocery aisle.
This 30 minute dinner recipe starts by marinating 1.5 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts in 1/2 cup of Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade for 15 to 20 minutes. My family loves Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade because it is full of big flavors with no preservatives. It’s easy to use by just pouring the marinade over the chicken and letting it sit. We love the salty, gingery, garlicky flavors that the marinade gives to boring chicken.
Once the chicken is done marinating, I cut the chicken into one inch bite sized pieces. Reserve the marinade for later. Next, I added the chicken in a non-stick skillet and cooked over medium-high heat until the chicken is fully cooked, about 10 minutes. While the chicken was cooking, I microwaved 1 large bowl of white minute rice and 1 family size bag of broccoli. Finally, I added the reserved marinade to the chicken and let it boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
To assemble the 30 Minute Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls, measure out 1/2 cup of cooked rice, 1/2 cup cooked broccoli, and 1/2 cup chicken teriyaki in a bowl and serve right away or store in 4 air-tight containers for make-ahead lunches. We like to pour more Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade on top for extra flavor. This simple and delicious meal couldn’t be more easier.
- 1.5 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade
- Family size bag of frozen broccoli
- Family size Minute ready to serve bowl - white rice
- Place chicken into a large bowl and pour Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade over the chicken. Let set on counter for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dice chicken into 1 inch bite size pieces. Reserve marinade for later. Place chicken into a non-stick skillet and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is fully cooked, about 10 minutes. Add reserved marinade to the skillet and boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Microwave broccoli and rice separately.
- Measure out ½ cup of cooked rice, ½ cup cooked broccoli, and ½ cup chicken teriyaki in a bowl and serve right away or store in 4 air-tight containers for make-ahead lunches.
- Add more Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade for extra flavor.