Family Home Evening Chart

I’ve had several emails about my Family Home Evening chart so I thought I’d post a closeup picture along with some instructions on how I made it for anyone who is interested. We made these at our “Wonderful Wednesday” Enrichment meeting in November and I really like how they turned out. They were so easy to put together and believe me when I say that because I’m not real crafty with the wood projects and even I was able to do this!

The board measures 24 inches wide X 10 inches tall and is painted black (with distressed edges/lots of sanding). We bought the sheet metal from a heating company and they cut it into 1.5 ” X 23 ” inch strips for us which we attached along the bottom of the board using PL 400 adhesive. Then all we did was attach the vinyl lettering we had ordered to the chart. The tags are simply name badge holders that we bought at walmart and we glued a magnet to the back of the metal closure using wood glue so they attach to the metal strip on the chart. Simply add your own pictures and you’re good to go.

Comments

1. Anonymous says

I LOVE this idea! Just a question – where do you order vinyl lettering? I would love to make wooden signs for my home, but I don’t know where to get the lettering. Thanks!

I wasn’t sure if you would see my comment down at the bottom post but I just wanted to say that I am glad you are back to blogging. I checked your blog once in awhile in hopes that you had started posting again and I am glad I checked it tonight.

I don’t know a lot about Lupus but I hope everything is going well for you.

Love seeing your beautiful pictures again and I am also really sad about Simple Scrapbooks.

I’ll be checking in more often from now on!

soo cute! Loved all your best of 08 photos. Wow! you awesome.. we really need to live closer so i can learn more from you eh.. like you help me anyways..hahah
    Well its good to see your back and glad to see such beautiful pics!