Clean Eating Chocolate Fondue – Looking for a healthier Valentine’s Day treat the whole family will love? This clean eating dessert is going to be a new favorite!
Hello! Tiffany from Feel Great in 8 here. I’m excited to be back sharing a healthy recipe the whole family will love this Valentine’s Day!
One of the hardest things about a healthy lifestyle is that when you are trying to eat healthy it feels like there is a holiday or party of some kind every week. It’s no fun missing out, so I always try to find healthier way to enjoy my favorite treats.
So, of course on Valentine’s Day that means CHOCOLATE! <3
Enter clean eating chocolate fondue! It is the perfect healthy way to enjoy a delicious treat this Valentine’s Day without ruining your healthy goals.
And, the whole family will love it too! My kids loved helping me fill skewers with strawberries, banana slices, and even squares of Healthy Dark Chocolate Brownies (another one of my favorite healthy chocolate treats!).
We made a big mess dipping and loved every bite!
Before I share the recipe I do need to warn you that this fondue can be a tiny bit temperamental. Don’t let that scare you away, just don’t leave it unattended while it is cooking.
The ingredients will all come together in a gorgeous creamy chocolate fondue, but then if you forget that the burner is still on and walk away for five minutes. If you do the oil will separate and you’ll end up with a clumpy mess. I may or may not be speaking from experience. 😉
Just make sure you stay close and stir this one constantly while it cooks. It’ll be worth it, I promise.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Items for dipping: strawberries, bananas, blueberries, brownie bites, etc.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly until everything is melted.
- The mixture will look oily. Continue cooking and stirring for 2-3 more minutes until it is a creamy texture.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl or fondue pot. Dip all your favorite items!
Recipe adapted from Mommy Moment