Summer Fruit Salad – there’s nothing better than a fresh fruit salad in the Summer! This salad is quick to prepare, just toss some chopped fresh fruit with the top secret dressing and you’re ready to go!
Hello everyone! I’m Amy and the founder of My Name Is Snickerdoodle. I absolutely adore Rebecca and am always inspired by her photography and projects! That’s why I’m super excited to be sharing one of my recipes here on Simple As That!
Summer is perfect to spend more with your family hanging out by the pool, having late movie nights with your kids and inviting your friends to come over for a barbeque! It’s also the season that I try to stay out of kitchen as much as possible otherwise I’m tempted to turn the oven on for something!
Okay, I’m not sure you can actually call it a dressing when it’s basically just freshly squeezed orange juice and lime zest. But, WOW! Those two combined bring the fruit to a whole new level in the flavor department. Everyone I’ve served it to truly loves it and can’t ever figure out why it’s extra delicious until I tell them what the secret is!
- 1 whole ripe pineapple
- 12-16 oz fresh strawberries
- 8 oz fresh blueberries
- 2 cups red or green grapes
- 1 large orange
- 1 small lime
- Remove rind and core from entire pineapple.
- Cut into bite size chunks and place into a large bowl.
- Wash and hull strawberries and cut into fourths. Place into bowl.
- Wash blueberries and place into bowl.
- Wash and slice grapes in half and place into bowl.
- Juice entire orange and pour into a small bowl.
- Zest entire lime and combine with orange juice.
- Pour juice over fruit and toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I really like to serve this salad along side my Easy French Dip Sandwiches and then maybe top it off with a slice of Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake! Whatever you serve it with, it’s sure to be completely fresh and satisfying!