summer reading log: free printable

Summer Reading Log
{you can find my Back to School Reading Log here}
We’re one week into summer holidays around here & I can already see that these weeks are gonna fly by way too quickly on us! We’re determined to make the most of our summer & part of our plans involve lot’s {and lot’s}of reading.
I’ve got our reading logs ready to go {a week into summer….sigh….it’s just how I roll these days} ;)
and the kids were so excited to get started on filling them out after a quick trip
to the library this morning!
The pages included in the reading log:
1.Cover page. 2. Back cover. 3. List the number of minutes read and book titles read.
 4. Draw a picture from your favorite book.  5. Choose a favorite book & write about
why you loved it so much.
Here’s a quick bag topper to attach to
a little bag of gummy worms for a special treat.
I printed out all of the pages {the front & back covers on cardstock}, cut them out and tucked them into a library pocket {created using this template that I stretched in PS a tiny bit to make it wide enough to fit our reading logs.} The pages can just as easily be held together with a binder clip or you could punch a hole in the top corner of each page and hold them together with a binder ring. :)
**If you download my summer reading log I’d LOVE it if you took a second to follow
simple as that via GFC on the left sidebar**

You can click HERE to download all the pages to create your own summer reading log.
Each file you download includes two reading log pages. There are two to a page for the treat bag toppers too.
Enjoy everyone and happy reading this summer!

Visit this post for a list of 50 fun books to read this summer:

I’m linking up with these fabulous blogs.

If this is your first time visiting Simple as That I’d invite you to subscribe via email or RSS feed for the latest updates. You can also connect with me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Comments

The “book worm” gummies are to-die-for cute. If only I had some youngster to make them for….Oh, heck. I’m making that for myself.

THanks so much for these. They’re adorable! My son has a goal of reading 20 chapter books this summer. He’s not making the fastest progress.. maybe this will inspire him. :)

This is completely adorable! I guess it’s never too early to focus on reading…I’ll have to print it out for my 4 year old and we can record the books we read together this summer! Fun and thank you!!

i am printing these for sure!! i love this idea and my oldest loves to read. he’d love to look back at all the books he’s read this summer :)

Where do you find the time girl! Love it! Roman is not to where he could use this, but I’m saving if for a summer or two from now. Thanks for the downloads!

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. I’m having trouble getting to the library pocket template though. Can you help me? It’s acting as if the creaturecomforts page is no longer active.

This is adorable, and such a great idea for summer reading! I would definitely use something like this to give to my students when I’m a teacher :)

Rebbecca- I found you via Latterday Homeschooling and I love your summer reading log! I think my very favorite part may be the book worms :), but I love the total design. I would love one that just says “My Reading Log” so that it can be used all year around! Thank you so much for sharing. I’m a new follower.

I really love this reading log and the gorgeous library card format (i’m such a library nerd). Wondering if you would ever create a non-summer themed cover? This would be so great to gift to a child with a stack of favorite books for them to love!

Thanks for the cute printables! I love them. I used them and they were a hit. I didn’t have time to make the library pocket so I used a brown paper lunch sack with the flap of the bottom as the pocket and just cut it to size and stapled the sides back a bit. Thanks again. I love your blog and all the cool stuff you share with us. Happy Birthday by the way!

This is too adorable! Love the printables! I am a preschool teacher and this would be really cute when we do our Language Arts theme!www.through-my-is.blogspot.com

Oh Rebecca! This is too much! First thing in the morning I am going out to get some fresh white cardstock and print this out nice & proper like. This is going to be a fun project.
    Thank you so much.
    ~Becki

Oh my goodness I LOVE this! I’m a teacher & know I’ll be pulling it out at the end of this school year :) I’m sharing your reading log at my weekly edition of Blogland’s Fabulous Friday Finds. I’d love if you stopped by!

What a great way to get your kids excited about summer reading. I like how you’re encouraging your kids to go to the library to choose their own books. We’ve done a few projects on Out of Office you may want to check out like our laminated bookmarks and labels for books.

Thanks for sharing!

I’m having trouble downloading them because it states that you’re out of bandwidth? Is there any other way to download them? They’re adorable and I’d love to use them in my class!

Hi, Rebecca! I just wanted to thank you for the cool printables. I was looking for something cute to encourage my just-graduated-kindergartner to read this summer, and these look perfect. I Pinned your post too! :)

Found your lovely blog this morning through Wait Till Your Father Gets Home and am nw subscribing! Really terrific content, writing and tutorials, can’t wait to see what you post next.