Printable Summer Reading Log

We’re one week into summer holidays around here & I can already see that these weeks are gonna fly by way too quickly on us! We’re determined to make the most of our summer & part of our plans involve lot’s (and lot’s) of reading. I’ve got our reading logs ready to go and the kids were so excited to get started on filling them out after a quick trip to the library this morning!

Pages included in the reading log:

Cover page
Back cover
List the number of minutes read and book titles read
Draw a picture from your favorite book
Choose a favorite book & write about why you loved it so much.

I’ve also included a quick bag topper to attach to a bag of gummy worms.

I printed out all of the pages {the front & back covers on cardstock}, cut them out and tucked them into a library pocket {created using this template that I stretched in PS a tiny bit to make it wide enough to fit our reading logs.} The pages can just as easily be held together with a binder clip or you could punch a hole in the top corner of each page and hold them together with a binder ring. :)

Click HERE to download all the pages to create your own summer reading log.

Each file you download includes two reading log pages. There are two to a page for the treat bag toppers too.
Enjoy everyone and happy reading this summer!

Visit this post for a list of 50 fun books to read this summer:

I’m linking up with these fabulous blogs.

Comments

THanks so much for these. They’re adorable! My son has a goal of reading 20 chapter books this summer. He’s not making the fastest progress.. maybe this will inspire him. :)

This is completely adorable! I guess it’s never too early to focus on reading…I’ll have to print it out for my 4 year old and we can record the books we read together this summer! Fun and thank you!!

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. I’m having trouble getting to the library pocket template though. Can you help me? It’s acting as if the creaturecomforts page is no longer active.

I have such fond memories of summer reading logs. I LOVE this! Thanks so much, I’ll be linking.

Rebbecca- I found you via Latterday Homeschooling and I love your summer reading log! I think my very favorite part may be the book worms :), but I love the total design. I would love one that just says “My Reading Log” so that it can be used all year around! Thank you so much for sharing. I’m a new follower.

I really love this reading log and the gorgeous library card format (i’m such a library nerd). Wondering if you would ever create a non-summer themed cover? This would be so great to gift to a child with a stack of favorite books for them to love!

Thanks for the cute printables! I love them. I used them and they were a hit. I didn’t have time to make the library pocket so I used a brown paper lunch sack with the flap of the bottom as the pocket and just cut it to size and stapled the sides back a bit. Thanks again. I love your blog and all the cool stuff you share with us. Happy Birthday by the way!

Oh Rebecca! This is too much! First thing in the morning I am going out to get some fresh white cardstock and print this out nice & proper like. This is going to be a fun project.
    Thank you so much.
    ~Becki

Oh my goodness I LOVE this! I’m a teacher & know I’ll be pulling it out at the end of this school year :) I’m sharing your reading log at my weekly edition of Blogland’s Fabulous Friday Finds. I’d love if you stopped by!

What a great way to get your kids excited about summer reading. I like how you’re encouraging your kids to go to the library to choose their own books. We’ve done a few projects on Out of Office you may want to check out like our laminated bookmarks and labels for books.

Thanks for sharing!

11. Judy Fleming says

I have 8 Grandchildren. This is a wonderful idea. My question do you have rewards, how often, what kind of reward. I’d appreciate some feedback. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I love this! My daughter is going into Kindergarten this year, LOVES reading, has her very own library card for the first time, and is super excited to be going to school with the big kids. What a great way to get ready for the new school year and continue the love of books! Thanks for sharing!

Trackbacks