24 Cute and Cuddly Owl Books for Kids

My four year old has been learning about owls in preschool the past few weeks and she’s become absolutely fascinated by these fluffy little birds! We had so much fun with the Fall themed books we collected earlier this month that we decided it would be fun to go with an owl theme and find as many books as we could to do with owls.
 Here are some of the darling titles that we found and have enjoyed reading together:

Odd Owls & Stout Pigs | Owls | The Littlest Owl

Owl Babies | Wow! Said the Owl | Owly

In My Tree | Little Owl’s Night | A Book of Sleep

I’m Not Scared! | I’m Not Sleepy!  | Cock-A-Doodle-Hooooooo!

Can you believe how many children’s books there are that have to do with owls!? Neither could we. We had so much fun searching for these books together and then anticipating their arrival after ordering online or from our local library! :)

I’m linking up with these fabulous blogs.

Now it’s your turn, tell us in the comments if there are any fun owl books missing from our list? Not as fascinated with owls as we are, what topic would you and your child love to explore through books?

If you liked this post you might also enjoy:

50 Fabulous Children’s Books for Fall
50 Fun Children’s Books to read this Summer

This post contains affiliate links, see my full disclosure policy here.

Comments

Love this post!
    I was looking at a bunch of these just the other day for my daughter’s growing book collection. I can’t wait until she wants to read with me (she is currently 2 1/2 months old… so I’m just reading to her in German so that she can begin to be exposed to the language)!

All the best,
    Pia

Love your list! We have a lot of these (or check them out regularly). Add “The Little White Owl” to your list, by Tracey Corderoy–it’s a good one. And for a little bit older kids who love owls but aren’t ready for Guardians of Ga’hoole series, Owls in the Family is a classic : )

I have no read any of these, but we do love the Owl song by The Wiggles! The funniest ones of your picks look like the I’m not Scared and I’m not Tired books. I should definitely get the latter since my son tells me that whenever it’s nap time. Oh yes you are tired!

Growing up I loved Owl Moon, But it’s for older kids. It’s a Caldecott Medal winner and has beautiful artwork. It’s about a boy and his dad who go “owl hunting”, so maybe not quite what you had in mind for your owl theme.

I am obsessed with owls!! How adorable are these books, I never knew there were all these books about owls either! I hope you will post more about them once you begin reading them! xoxo

Such a great collection! I love little owls. I wrote a book about an owlet named Lumen that I’ve been sending off to publishers. Hopefully one day she will make it onto your list :)

Trackbacks