Add some Patriotic flair to your home decor this July 1st with this DIY Canada Day wall art! Download the free printable and learn how to make your own below!
Last week I shared this Independence Day wall art that I turned it into a DIY canvas piece and today I’m excited to share a Canada Day version of the same project! Keep reading for the full tutorial and for the link to download this free 8×10 print featuring the Canadian national anthem.
Supplies for Canada Day Wall Art:
8×10 print of the Canada Day wall art
Matte Mod Podge
Make your own Canada Day Wall Art:
1. Click here to download the Canada Day wall art then order as an 8×10 print from your favorite photo lab.
2. Purchase an 8×10 canvas from your local craft store and gather the rest of your supplies.
3. Paint your blank canvas with red or blue craft paint. Paint edges and direct brush strokes to the center of the canvas. Don’t worry about covering completely in the center as this part will be covered by the print. Allow to dry.
4. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the front of the canvas. Place Canada Day print on top of Mod Podge layer. Smooth out any wrinkles with foam brush.
5. Apply a generous layer of Mod Podge on top of Canada Day art print smoothing out any wrinkles as you go. Keep brush strokes straight and even if possible. Cover edges of the canvas with Mod Podge as well. Allow to dry.
6. Once the Mod Podge has dried completely, lightly sand the edges of the canvas to create a worn effect.
If you want to keep things even simpler, you can order the 8×10 print pictured above, throw it into a frame and call it a day! I picked up this cute frame at Walmart for about $10 and the 8×10 print cost $1.49 at Costco. Inexpensive, simple and perfect for July 1st!
For more Canada Day inspiration check out these 25 DIY, craft and food ideas for Canada Day!
You can also check out what I’m pinning to my Canada Day Pinterest Board!