Coconut Lime Energy Bites – These little bites are the perfect snack! Gluten free, made with only four healthy ingredients and no refined sugar!
Hello!! It’s Tiffany from Feel Great in 8 and I’m back with another energy bite recipe I know you are going to love.
Energy bites are the perfect healthy snack to keep in the fridge for when you are fighting cravings or trying to make it through the afternoon without reaching for junk food. I love to make a double batch and roll them into small balls so that I can enjoy 2 or 3. The protein and fiber in these delicious bites are perfect for helping to keep you feeling full until dinner. Oh, and the coconut lime flavor is to die for.
Last month I shared the recipe for these delicious No Bake Chocolate Energy Bites which are still one of my favorites. They are the perfect healthy snack to have around when you’re craving chocolate.
But, the light, fresh flavor of these Coconut Lime Energy Bites is AH-MAZING. I have a feeling I’m going to be making them a lot this winter when it’s cold and snowy and I need a snack to remind me of summer, sunshine and the beach.
Before I share the recipe, let me just warn you about one ingredient. This recipe calls for dates, which I know can sound a little scary if you’ve never tried them before. I promise, you don’t need to be afraid. They are getting easier to find – I buy mine in the bulk bins at my local Smith’s (Kroger), and they also carry them packaged in the produce section. They are an awesome real food sweetener and are perfect for binding these bites together. And, once you get the lime and coconut in there you can’t even taste them. Really.
Now that we’re not worried about that ingredient anymore, let’s get onto the recipe. 🙂
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dates
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut, divided
- juice and zest from 1 lime (2 tablespoons juice & 1 tablespoon zest)
- * If dates are dry, soak in warm water first.
- Put the cashews in a food processor and process until mostly broken down. Add the dates and process until they come together to form a dough.
- Add ½ cup of the coconut and the lime juice and zest and process until well mixed.
- Scoop out heaping teaspoons of dough and form into balls. Roll each ball in remaining coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Looking for more Healthy Energy Bite Recipes? Check these out!