Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe – Avoid the drive-though with this healthy copycat recipe! Make your favorite treat at home with only 160 calories!
Raise your hand if a certain Shamrock Shake has you hitting the drive-though far too often lately! I’ve been there, but this year I’m skipping the fast food version and using this healthy copycat recipe instead.
Have you ever checked out the nutrition info on the McD version? I couldn’t believe it when I saw these numbers! One shake has 820 calories, 23g of fat, 135g of carbs, and 115g of sugar! Insane right?! More calories than you should eat in a meal and a full HALF CUP OF SUGAR in one serving!!
This healthy shamrock shake recipe has just 164 calories, 0g of fat, 35g of carbs, and 14g of sugar. Plus it has 3g of fiber and 7g of healthy protein! You’re favorite treat made healthy enough for breakfast!
You’ll notice in the recipe that I used spinach to add the green color to the shake. You can skip it and just use green food coloring, or add both spinach and food coloring. I promise you can’t taste the spinach, so don’t worry. 😉
- 2 medium bananas, frozen
- 1⅓ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- ½ cup spinach
- green food coloring (optional)
- marchino cherry (optional)
- PEPPERMINT WHIPPED CREAM (optional):
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Put all of the shake ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add green food coloring to brighten the green color if you want. Taste and add peppermint extract if needed.
- For the optional peppermint whipped cream: Whip the heavy cream, maple syrup and peppermint extract with an electric mixer until fluffy. If you want the pretty topping look, put the whipped cream in a piping bag with a star piping tip.
I hope you love this fun healthy St. Patrick’s Day recipe! Here are a few more fun and healthy ideas!