Lightened Broccoli Salad – Your favorite broccoli salad recipe made healthy with greek yogurt and no refined sugar. The perfect fresh, healthy side dish!
This Lightened Broccoli Salad is officially my favorite healthy side dish. It’s just as creamy, tangy and delicious as the original recipe, but with less calories, greek yogurt, and no refined sugar. It’s the perfect side dish for all the summer cookouts and barbecues we have coming. Light, fresh, and always a crowd pleaser!
If you’ve never had a broccoli salad like this before, with creamy dressing, crumbled bacon, dried cranberries, and toasted almond, you’ve been missing out! The dressing is the perfect combo of sweet and tangy and all those toppings make this one a must try recipe!
Just a few insider tips:
- It’s totally worth the few extra minutes it takes to toast the almonds. Just spread them on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Just don’t leave the room while they are toasting, or you’ll end up with seriously burned almonds and and have to take pictures of the broccoli salad without them. 😉
- If you want the bacon and almonds to add a little more crunch add them to the salad immediately before servings. I like to toss all the other ingredients with the dressing, cover and let sit in the fridge for a few hours. Then, right before serving I toss in the crumbled bacon and almonds.
Now, onto the recipe! I hope you give this one a try. I bet it’ll be a favorite of yours too!
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, washed and chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small red onion, diced finely
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Whisk together the greek yogurt, mayo, honey and vinegar.
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, cranberries and almonds. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Looking for more healthy salad recipes?