Apple Pie Breakfast Bowl – perfect for this lovely Fall season! Simple to make, healthy, and completely irresistible! I think your kids will love it, too!
Hello! It’s Sara here, from Simply Happenstance! I’m thrilled to share with you this delicious Apple Pie Breakfast Bowl recipe with you.
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. I wake up hungry, eagerly awaiting a warm cup of coffee and a delicious dish to eat! However, like many of you, my day starts with getting my four kids prepared for the day and out the door to school. That doesn’t leave a whole lot of time for well-thought out breakfast dishes. In fact (I hate to admit it), but my kids usually eat toaster waffles, bowls of instant oatmeal, pieces of fruit, or breakfast bars since we are typically in a bit of a rush. Although those are the best I can do most days (which is okay!), I really love when I get a chance to feed them something more substantial, healthy, and homemade. It just makes my mama heart happy!
This Apple Pie Breakfast Bowl is mostly prepared the night before, in a mere matter of minutes. There is no mixer required… just a bowl and a spoon will do. (Keeping things simple is always a priority in our house!)
I’ve been craving an autumn breakfast, filled with the delicious flavors of apple pie. I decided to take my favorite chia seed pudding recipe (shared here), and top it with fall favorites!
The base of this bowl is a rich, creamy vanilla chia seed pudding. Greek yogurt, almond milk, pure maple syrup, a touch of vanilla, and loads of healthy chia seeds create the thick, slightly-sweet mixture. Sliced crisp apples, crunchy granola, dried cranberries, a dash of cinnamon, and a sprinkling of brown sugar top the pudding, making it the tastiest fall breakfast that your whole family will love!
I hope you find the recipe delicious, friends! Enjoy this lovely season!
- CHIA SEED PUDDING //
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat (2 percent) Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- TOPPINGS //
- apple slices
- brown sugar
- dried cranberries
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, gently whisk the almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, vanilla, and ⅛ teaspoon salt until just blended. Whisk in the chia seeds; let stand (stirring occasionally) for 30 minutes. Give the pudding one final good stir, to distribute the seeds if they have settled, before covering with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, spoon the pudding into 4 small bowls or glasses; top with sliced apples, granola, and a sprinkling of dried cranberries, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe you might want to check out: