5-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Granola Recipe is an easy and healthy breakfast, snack, or topping option for yogurt and ice cream.
Hello there! It’s Katie from The Casual Craftlete blog. I love granola and eat it all the time. I like to make my own granola and today I am sharing an easy 5-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Granola Recipe that is so much better than store-bought. With back to school approaching, I love to make recipes ahead of time and can eat them throughout the week. This granola recipe is great for breakfast, snacks, and topping yogurt. Just store in an airtight container up to one week.
If making your own granola is intimidating, it shouldn’t be. This recipe is so very easy and it has only 5-ingredients that you probably already have at home. For this recipe you mix wet and dry ingredients together, then lay the mixture on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown. The granola will be soft and flexible once it comes out of the oven. Let the granola cool completely until firm and brittle enough to break into pieces. Once the granola is cooled, I added dark chocolate 60% cacao baking chips.
The best thing about making granola is that you can add whatever ingredients you prefer. Substitute your favorite nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruits. You could add flax seed to pump up the nutrition value. Store the 5-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Granola Recipe in an airtight container up to one week.
You can eat the granola in a bowl with milk in the mornings for breakfast, as a snack, or add as a topping to yogurt or ice cream.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add coconut oil and honey to a small microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or until the honey and coconut oil are melted.
- Add the melted honey and coconut oil to a large bowl with the oats and chopped pecans. Toss to coat.
- Place granola mixture on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. The granola will be soft and flexible once it comes out of the oven. Let the granola cool completely until firm and brittle enough to break into pieces.
- Add chocolate chips and store in an airtight container up to one week.