This black bean and corn salsa is delicious and the best part is it’s loaded with fresh veggies, fibre and protein! It’s fresh, full of flavor and can be prepared in just a few minutes!
This black bean and corn salsa is one of my favorite go-to recipes! I made some the other day and I can’t get enough of it! I don’t typically use a recipe when I’m preparing it, but I’ve included some quick instructions and approximate measurements below so you can give it a try!
- 1 - 15oz can of sweet corn, drained
- 1 - 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-6 fresh tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped fine (use more if desired)
- ½ a red onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1-2 limes (1-2 tbsp)
- salt and pepper
- Pour rinsed and drained black beans and corn into a medium size bowl.
- Chop remaining ingredients - tomatoes, onion, cilantro and place in bowl.
- Add garlic.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I like my salsa mild, but you may want to change it up to suit your own taste! You could try adding peppers to give it a little kick or one of my favorite things to add is fresh avocado!
I love having this salsa on hand to have with a quick lunch, as a taco topping, on breakfast burritos or just to snack on!
For more simple recipes for you and your family to enjoy check out these posts.