Just 5 ingredients make up these no bake frozen coconut pudding graham sandwiches. Freeze them individually for an easy warm weather snack!
Hi there! It’s Julie from Tastes of Lizzy T.
Has spring weather hit your town yet? We live in Ohio where the weather is crazy. Within a span of just 6 days we went from a snowy 30 degrees to sunny 80 degrees. We’ve had beautiful sunshine and warm temperatures the past week, though. I’m hoping spring is here to stay!
With warm weather comes lots of play outside. It seems like my kids always need more snacks during the warm weather season since they are so much more active. Graham sandwiches are super easy to make and serve. I love keeping these Frozen Coconut Pudding Graham Sandwiches on hand for a quick, cool solution for those hungry appetites.
These graham sandwiches are no-bake, take minutes to put together, and have just 5 ingredients: graham crackers, a box of pudding, milk, cool whip and coconut.
Here’s how to put them together:
In a bowl, mix a small box of pudding with 2 cups of milk. Coconut pudding has actual pieces of coconut in it so the pudding mixture won’t be completely smooth. Set this bowl in the fridge to firm up.
Line an 8×8 pan with waxed paper or aluminum foil. Layer graham cracker halves to fill the bottom of the 8×8 pan. As you can see in the above picture I fit 3 graham cracker halves across the pan, then had to take 1/4 of a cracker to fill in the last little bit. In total I used 21 graham cracker halves.
Mix an 8 ounce container of whipped topping with the coconut pudding, then spread this mixture over the graham crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers. The graham sandwiches hold together best if the top and bottom layer of graham crackers are facing the same direction.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or until the bars are frozen. Cut the bars along the graham crackers lines. If you’d like, you can allow the bars to sit for 3-5 minutes to soften the filling just a bit, then dip the edges in shredded coconut.
Wrap the bars individually in waxed paper. My kids love them this way. Their own personal “ice cream” graham sandwiches.
I hope you’re enjoying a lot of sunshine this spring. Let me know your favorite thing to do with your kids in the springtime!
- 21 honey graham cracker halves
- 1 box coconut instant pudding (3.4 ounces)
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¾ cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Line an 8x8 pan with wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Lay down 9 squares of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan. (Break a cracker into fourths if there is still more room in the pan to completely fill the bottom.)
- In a small bowl, combine the dry pudding mix with 2 cups of milk. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth. Place the bowl into the refrigerator for 4-5 minutes to set.
- Once the pudding has soft-set, fold in the Cool Whip.
- Gently pour and spread this mixture over the graham crackers. Smooth the pudding mixture so that it is even on top.
- Place the remaining squares of graham crackers over top the pudding mixture, lining up the crackers in the same way as you did the bottom. (The graham sandwiches will stay together the best this way.)
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours, or until they are set.
- Once the grahamwiches are set, cut the bars into 9 squares. Allow the bars to sit for 3-5 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the shredded coconut on a plate. Take the grahamwiches and press their sides into the coconut so that some sticks into the frozen pudding. Wrap each sandwich individually in waxed paper if desired. Freeze until serving.