Skillet S’mores Dip – short on prep time and big on ooey-gooey taste, this simple recipe is one your family will be asking for again and again!
Spending time outdoors is a priority for our family. Sometimes getting outside means a weekend camping trip, sometimes it’s as simple as jumping on the trampoline in the backyard or exploring a local nature trail.
However small they may be, these experiences have benefited our family a great deal and that’s why we continue to make the time to get outside as a family whenever we can.
Whether we’re hiking, camping or taking a trip to the park – the memories we’ve made on our adventures are that much sweeter with a special treat to enjoy together.
During a backyard campout a few weeks ago we enjoyed this delicious Skillet S’mores Dip and we’re excited to share the recipe with you.
The recipe with a list of ingredients is below but you’ll also need a cast iron skillet and a portable camp stove.
Short on prep time and big on ooey-gooey taste, this simple recipe is one your family will be asking for again and again! It’s a hit with mom’s because it’s so easy to throw together and kids will love this delicious spin on traditional s’mores.
- 18 large marshmallows cut in half
- (4) 100g milk chocolate bars, chopped (could also use milk chocolate chips)
- Graham Crackers
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp butter
- Melt butter in 9" skillet on Coleman 2-Hyper Flame Camp Stove & Grill.
- Once butter is melted and spread around entire skillet to avoid sticking, add chocolate and heavy cream.
- Stir constantly on low heat until melted.
- Cover the melted chocolate with halved marshmallows.
- Continue to cook until marshmallows soften. Toast the top of the marshmallows with BBQ lighter.
- Remove skillet from heat with oven mit. Serve while warm with graham crackers for dipping.
One thing that makes this Skillet S’mores Dip so fun is that you can play around with chocolate flavors by adding some of your favorite candy bars.
Summertime is perfect excuse to get out in the backyard and enjoy this yummy treat with loved ones.
Michael @ Mile in My Glasses says
Wow this looks amazing! I’m definitely going to be trying this one at home, I love s’mores!
I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend,