Sheet Pan Mini Turkey Meatloaf Dinner – The end of the school year means all sorts of busy craziness. Why not keep your dinner sane with this quick and easy one-pan meal!
Hi again! It’s Rachel from Simple Seasonal with another yummy solution for the conundrum of what to make for dinner. You know – a dinner that’s healthy, that everyone will enjoy, and (of course) is super easy for the cook to make and clean up.
This spring I’ve discovered a new level of busy in my life as my son is about to wrap up the end of his kindergarten year. No one told me how busy kindergarteners can be in the spring! Just for starters, we’re talking field trips, Olympic days, book fairs, art shows, class parties, and violin recitals, all with a good-humored six-month-old baby brother in tow. It’s been a fun whirlwind of alphabets, scraped knees, and proud moments. Amongst all the fun and business, I find it’s still important for us all to sit down together for dinner as often as possible. Family dinners around the kitchen table keep my family grounded in the whirlwind of our busy lives.
Today’s recipe for Sheet Pan Mini Meatloaf Dinner is a well-balanced meal that will bring your family together. The meatloaf is savory and flavorful, and the potatoes are coated with a zesty seasoning. There’s something comforting about meat and potatoes that make it perfect for a family meal. There’s also something comforting about not having too many dishes to wash! ?
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ C shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- ⅔ C finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ C ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ C bread crumbs
- 1 lb green beans
- 1½ lbs fingerling potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, evenly divided
- ½ tsp salt, evenly divided
- ¼ tsp pepper, evenly divided
- ½ tsp dry granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ⅛ tsp crushed rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly combine all of the meatloaf ingredients except for the turkey and the bread crumbs, then gently mix in the meat and bread crumbs, taking care not to over work the meat. Divide the the meatloaf mixture into five equal parts and evenly arrange them as mini meatloaves at the center of the pan.
- Combine the potatoes, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a large ziplock bag and shake to coat the potatoes. Evenly arrange the potatoes on the pan in a single layer around the mini meatloaves. Bake for 25 minutes. Save the bag to use again.
- While the potatoes are baking, combine the green beans, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the ziplock bag and shake to combine and set aside.
- Once the potatoes have baked for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven, flip the potatoes, and add the green beans. Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake for an additional 18-22 minutes, or until the mini meatloaves reach an internal temperature of 160ºF and the beans and potatoes are tender. Serve immediately.