Mediterranean Chickpea and Arugula Salad is a crisp and easy to make salad full of fresh flavors. This salad is perfect for summer!
Hello there! It’s Katie from The Casual Craftlete blog. Today, I am excited to share a refreshing Mediterranean Chickpea and Arugula Salad with a homemade dressing. This salad recipe is very easy to make and there is no cooking involved. This light salad would be perfect for summer picnics, bbqs, and get-togethers.
Last week my husband and I had a couple from church over for dinner. I like to make a meal plan ahead of time and decided to do a Mediterranean/Italian menu. I made chicken, parmesan garlic butter pasta (recipe here), and this Mediterranean Chickpea and Arugula Salad. The salad was light and crisp and paired well with the rest of dinner. This salad will definitely be on repeat this summer.
This salad is made with a can of chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans, fresh arugula, parsley, cherry tomatoes, olives, red onion, feta cheese, and a homemade dressing. I love recipes like this one where you just open up a can and chop some veggies. There is no cooking involved and I don’t know about you, but in the summer I try not to use my stove because of the heat. This Mediterranean Chickpea and Arugula Salad makes enough for eight and is great for dinners at home, picnics. bbq’s, and get-togethers.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Allow salad to sit for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator for the flavors to come together. Serve cold.